Welcome to the ESS Containerized Installation: Fire and Suppression Studies course.
All energy storage systems carry with them a risk in their deployment. The risks, however, are within the limit of today’s engineering controls for safety when appropriate conditions are met. The requirements stated in codes and standards are within the boundaries of a typical built environment.This course presents hazards, failure modes and mitigation measures associated with batteries. The subject matter experts also provide an overview of tactics and configurations for ESS installations, share data on the timeline of events in the outbreak of fire such as smoke accumulation, ignition, deflagration, propagation and flaming. The response measures for fire are also explained.
This course helps you understand
- UL 9540A - Installation level test series objective
- Test set -up and results
- Key findings
- Thermal Runaway in lithium-ion cells and batteries
- Lithium-ion batteries hazards
- Properties of materials studied to date
- Ms Alex Schraiber
- Dr Judy Jeevarajan
Duration: ~ 1 hour 30 min
This Program is Good for Those Who Are:
- Battery Consultants, Engineers, Technicians, Designers and Quality Management Professionals from
- Electric vehicles
- Stationary Energy Storage System
- Battery Management Systems
- Battery Manufacturers
- ESS Start-ups
- Teaching professionals and engineering students
About Masterclass Series on Safety and Standards of Energy Storage Systems:
The transportation and energy ecosystems are undergoing a dynamic transition globally with a paradigm shift from lead-acid to lithium-ion batteries. With the increased demand for electric vehicles and stationary energy, energy storage systems are becoming a necessity of these ecosystems.
As we scale up production and usage of energy storage systems, it is critical to establish, understand and follow standards and safety precautions to avoid future predicaments.
On this background, IESA in association with Underwriters Laboratories Inc. brings a Masterclass Series on Safety and Standards of Energy Storage Systems that will help participants understand different ESS standards and their implementation.
ESS Containerized Installation: Fire and Suppression Studies is the last session from the masterclass. The remaining sessions from the Masterclass Series on Safety and Standards of Energy Storage Systems are:
- Introduction to Standards and Standard Development Process
- Standards for Lithium-ion Batteries
- Standards for Energy Storage System
- Standards for transportation of Lithium-ion Batteries
- The standard for Repurposed Batteries and Recycling of Batteries
- Standards for Electric Vehicle