Welcome to the IESA Webinar on Hydrogen And Fuel Cell Technologies And Opportunities for India.
With the current environmental degradation, it has become imperative that India starts moving towards alternative fuel technologies. For automotive applications, However, all the focus right now is on BEVs (Battery Electric Vehicles), PHEVs (Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle), and strong Hybrids. There are several other forms of alternative fuel technologies, which can be used, such as hydrogen-based fuel cells and others. Similarly, Fuel cells are also can be used instead of advanced batteries for different back –up applications, including telecom infrastructure, microgrids & stationary applications.
One of the main challenges faced by fuel cells today is the high cost involved in the production of hydrogen, fuel-cell stacks, and the establishment of hydrogen fuel stations. The costs involved in the same only go down with technological development along with broader adoption, as is the case with most of the new technologies. Countries such as Japan, China, the United States of America, Korea, and some European countries have started to warm up to the idea of a hydrogen-based society. Under Beyond Batteries Initiative (BBI), IESA is working with various industry stakeholders on creating a robust ecosystem for facilitating new research and adoption to drive the reduction of cost of the Fuel cell in India.
In this webinar, experts will discuss hydrogen and Fuel cell-based generation for vehicle and stationary applications. This webinar will address the following questions.
- Various cutting edge Fuel cell Technologies and new research & development
- The cost and process of hydrogen production & transportation
- Are hydrogen-powered fuel-cell electric vehicles is the future?
- Does hydrogen hold more relevance in the Indian context in comparison to advanced batteries?
- Current pilots, tenders, and deployment of hydrogen fuel & FCEV in India
- Benefits of hydrogen
- Green hydrogen vs blue hydrogen
- Fuel cells and novel fuel cells material
- Important milestones to achieve by 2030
- Hydrogen from biomass
- HCNG for demo in Delhi: APEX court
- Tata motors - the pioneers in the group
- Tata motors fuel cells consortium
- HCNG technology
- Hydrogen-powered fuel cell buses and trucks
Webinar Duration: ~ 2hours 30 minutes
- Dr VK Saraswat
- Grace Quan
- Dr S S V Ramakumar
- Mahesh Murthy
- Ravindra Sudehely
- Dr Satyajit Phadke
This webinar took place on 7th May 2020