Welcome to the IGHC Global Open Webinar Series- Incentives for Green Hydrogen Production and Electrolyzer Manufacturing (SIGHT Programme Scheme) Webinar.
Based on the framework announced by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) for the Strategic Interventions for Green Hydrogen Transition (SIGHT) Programme under the National Green Hydrogen Mission, Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) has floated call for bids for subsidies for green hydrogen production (₹13,050 crore/$1.6 billion over 3 years) and electrolyzer manufacturing (₹4,440 crore/$540 million over 5 years). MNRE has also released for public comments the Draft Green Hydrogen R&D Roadmap under the National Mission. India has set the target of 5 million tonnes of green hydrogen production per year, attracting ₹8 lakh crore ($100 billion) investments and generating over 6 lakh jobs by 2030.
India Green Hydrogen Council is organizing a series of two webinars to bring together leading expert speakers from the government, industry, and academia to discuss how the SIGHT Scheme and the R&D Roadmap could accelerate India’s green hydrogen transition and what actions are needed in the next 2-3 years to accomplish the National Green Hydrogen Mission objectives.
- Overview of green hydrogen ecosystem in India.
- Subsidies under the SIGHT Programme for green hydrogen production and electrolyzer manufacturing.
- Potential impact of the scheme and other green hydrogen incentives on green hydrogen production ecosystem in India.
- The potential impact of the scheme and other green hydrogen incentives on electrolyser manufacturing in India.
- Opportunities to optimize CAPEX and OPEX of green hydrogen production and electrolyzer and balance of plant manufacturing.
- What challenges lie ahead and the action plan for policymakers, academia, and industry to address these challenges?
- Dr Ajinkya Kamat
- Netra Walawalkar
- Dr Siddharth Mayur
- D M R Panda
- Surbhi Goyal
Duration: ~ 1 hours 30 min