Welcome to the Introduction to Battery Testing course.
Battery testing refers to a set of tests grouped together and administered to applicants for a particular position. These tests ensure that batteries fulfill legal, industry, and manufacturer requirements. Today, battery technology is developing at a breathtaking pace so the demand for safety and quality is increasing. Battery testing addresses these by validating the safety and reliability of the batteries used in a growing range of applications, this includes batteries for transportation applications such as electric vehicles, rail, marine, and aerospace, but also stationary batteries for grid storage and balancing, backup power applications, and batteries for wireless equipment and medical devices.
This course will help you understand:
- Characterize the performance of the battery
- The effect of the battery environment on the performance of the battery
- To estimate the state of health and state of charge of the battery
- To improve the performance and safety of the EV batteries
- Design and develop an intelligent battery management system
- Research opportunities in battery technologies to meet the future demand
Dr. Rahul Walawalkar
Duration: ~ 75 min
About the Student Series:
The energy and transportation ecosystems are undergoing a dynamic transition globally with a paradigm shift from lead-acid to lithium-ion batteries. With the increased demand for electric vehicles and stationary energy, energy storage systems are becoming a necessity for these ecosystems.
As we dive into advanced energy storage research and scale up production and usage of energy storage systems, it becomes critical to build a strong foundation for the future workforce. On this background, starting August 2022, IESA Academy is organizing a year-long student series on energy storage systems to
- Increase awareness of energy storage systems
- Build a foundation for energy storage systems taskforce
- Simplify energy storage concepts for a non-technical audience
- Open the spectrum of emerging technologies to students and non-technical professionals
Topics to be covered:
Session 1: Introduction to Energy Storage System and its Applications.
Session 2: Fundamentals of Batteries and Battery Parameters.
Session 3: Fundamentals of Battery Chemistry.
Session 4: Introduction to Electric Vehicles Batteries.
Session 5: Introduction to Battery Testing.
Session 6: Introduction to Battery Management Systems.
Session 8: Introduction to Battery Supply Chain.
Session 9: Introduction to ESS and Renewable Energy Integration.
Session 10: Introduction to Green Hydrogen.
Session 11: Introduction to Microgrids.
Session 12: RnD Facilities, Internship and Startup Opportunities.