Welcome to the UL 2271: Safety Standards for Batteries Use in LEV course.
The transportation and energy ecosystems have undergone a dynamic transition globally with a paradigm shift from lead-acid to lithium-ion batteries. This shift to batteries with high capacity demands effective Energy Storage Systems.
Battery Energy Storage Systems help create better efficiency, increased stability, and capacity for the grid by saving energy for later use. As we scale up the production and usage of energy storage systems, it is critical to establish, understand, and follow standards and safety precautions to avoid future predicaments.
This course will help you understand:
- What is UL 2271?
- Scope and products covered
- Construction requirements
- New proposals for the next version
Duration: ~1 hour
This Program is Good for
- Battery Manufacturers
- Battery Consultants
- Engineers, Technicians, Designers, and Quality Management Professionals from
- Stationary Energy Storage Systems
- Battery Management Systems
- ESS Start-ups
- E-mobility enthusiasts
- Teaching professionals and engineering students
About Masterclass Sereies:
- UL 1973: Safety Standard for Batteries for Use in Stationary and Motive Auxiliary Power Applications
- UL 9540: Safety Standard for Energy Storage Systems and Equipment
- UL 9540A: Standard for Test Method for Evaluating Thermal Runaway Fire Propagation in Battery Energy Storage Systems
- UL 1974: Standard for Repurposing of Batteries
- UL 2580: Safety Standard for Batteries for Use in Electric Vehicles