Welcome to the Second-Life Batteries Course.
As you know EV batteries have a shelf life of approximately 10 years after which they are not considered fully functional to power electric vehicles. Such batteries are either burned or disposed both of which are harmful for the environment. The study shows that reusing non-functional EV batteries for second-life applications may contribute to more than 50% reduction in CO2 emissions. Thus, this course will help you understand the concept and market of second-life batteries.
This course will help you understand
- Electric vehicle battery life cycle
- Market for second life use of lithium-ion battery
- Second use of lithium-ion battery in stationary storage
- Dr Rahul Walawalkar
Duration: ~ 20 min
- Students, Professionals
- Business Decision Makers
- Business Executives Department Heads
- Energy Storage Investors
- Supply Chain, Raw Materials Companies
- Manufacturing Equipment and Battery Component Suppliers
The course Second-life Batteries is part of the Advanced Chemistry Cell Manufacturing: Technology Masterclass 2021 that focuses on ACC manufacturing technologies.