Welcome to Standards for Repurposed Batteries and Recycling of Batteries Course.
As we know, 2022 witnessed an impressive rise in electric cars owned globally. This growth is credited to the massive adoption of a sustainable planet goal, among many other things. When an EV battery reaches the extremity of first life, manufacturers have three options: they can dispose it off, recycle the valuable metals, or reuse it. So, with a few options on how to utilize second-life EV batteries, we need to follow standards. This course will help you in understanding the standard for repurposed and recycling batteries.
This course will help you understand:
- Cycle and Calendar life of a battery
- Factors affecting aging and state of health of battery
- Aging effects on cell
- Safety after cycling - overcharge,
- Methods to determine module health before second life
- UL 1974
- Lithium-ion battery recycling processes
- Hydrometallurgical recycling of lithium-ion batteries
- Dr Judy Jeevarajan
- Ms Taina Rauhala
Duration: ~ 1 hour 30 min
This Program is Good for Those Who Are:
- Battery Consultants, Engineers, Technicians, Designers and Quality Management Professionals from
- Electric vehicles
- Stationary Energy Storage System
- Battery Management Systems
- Battery Manufacturers
- ESS Start-ups
- Teaching professionals and engineering students
About Masterclass Series on Safety and Standards of Energy Storage Systems:
The transportation and energy ecosystems are undergoing a dynamic transition globally with a paradigm shift from lead-acid to lithium-ion batteries. With the increased demand for electric vehicles and stationary energy, energy storage systems are becoming a necessity of these ecosystems.
As we scale up production and usage of energy storage systems, it is critical to establish, understand and follow standards and safety precautions to avoid future predicaments.
On this background, IESA in association with Underwriters Laboratories Inc. brings a Masterclass Series on Safety and Standards of Energy Storage Systems that will help participants understand different ESS standards and their implementation.
Standards for Repurposed Batteries and Recycling of Batteries is the fifth session from the masterclass. The remaining sessions from the Masterclass Series on Safety and Standards of Energy Storage Systems are: