Welcome to the Fireside Chat with Dr Prabhakar Patil.
The Fireside Chat with Dr Prabhakar Patil is part of the Advanced Chemistry Cell Manufacturing (ACC) Manufacturing Masterclass 2021. In this fireside chat, Dr Rahul Walawalkar and Mr. Prabhakar Patil discuss,
- India's growth in battery manufacturing
- India making substantial progress in the specified timeframe is doable
- The journey from automotive side to research in battery and then setting up 3GWH manufacturing line
- Experience on what happens when demand doesn't pick up
- Overview of how the Indian market can convince the global technology market to find suitable partners
- Game changer - when Tesla decided to set up a 50Gwh manufacturing plant
- Business Decision Makers
- Business Executives Department Heads
- Energy Storage Investors
- Supply Chain, Raw Materials Companies
- Manufacturing Equipment and Battery Component Suppliers
Duration: ~20 minutes
About the Advanced Chemistry Cell (ACC) Manufacturing Masterclass:
India has become one of the fastest-growing markets for advanced energy storage technology supporting the exponential growth expected in its electric vehicle, stationary storage market over the next 5 years.
With IESA estimating the India market to grow over 500GWh (2020-27) considering ESS & EV opportunities, around $5 billion investments are expected to be attracted supporting 50+GWh capacities for multiple li-ion battery gigafactories.
The Indian government is strongly backing this market via the recently launched National Mission for Transformative Mobility & Battery Storage (NMTMBS) with Production Linked Incentive (PLI) scheme for advanced battery manufacturing through the ACC program by NITI Aayog. Importantly, most State Governments too are focused on manufacturing advanced energy storage technologies and their adoptions.
On this background, the Advanced Chemistry Cell (ACC) Manufacturing Masterclass guides rising decision-makers and investors from the energy sector to set up gigafactories by sharing the latest research and development, market analysis, technology updates, and for introducing them to the manufacturing process, supply chain, government policies, and benefits, export-import, safety, and testing as well as skills development.