Welcome to the Fundamentals of the Traction Batteries course.
Traction batteries are an assembly of accumulators constituting the storage of energy used in powering traction motors in the electric vehicle. These batteries are also known as electric vehicle batteries (EVB) and are rechargeable. Battery-powered electric vehicles such as forklifts, golf carts, and other mini locomotive vehicles use traction batteries.
The fundamentals of the traction batteries course covers basics, maintenance, operation, life cycle and efficiency of traction batteries.
This course will help you understand
- What are traction batteries?
- Traction battery plates and separator
- Cell assembly, connectors and lithium-ion traction batteries
- Life cycle of traction batteries
- Characteristics of lithium-ion batteries
- Operation and maintenance
- Predicting service life and efficiency
Duration: ~ 1 hour 30 min
This course is part of the online training series on energy storage. Other modules of this training series are: